I’m sure there’s a more eloquent name for this dip somewhere, but I don’t know what it is. This was a recipe my hubby picked up from a coworker, I think. Either way it’s a nice change from the traditional rotel dip and keeps well in a small crock pot if you have one. It certainly disappears fast whenever we serve it. Hubby prefers Fritos Scoops with it, and I like regular tortilla chips. This is a bit lighter than the original version because, well come on, this is me.
- 2 8 oz. blocks of 1/3 less fat cream cheese
- 1 pound bulk turkey breakfast sausage
- 1 can rotel
- Start the turkey sausage browning in a skillet.
- In a separate baking dish, dice the cream cheese and add the rotel.
- Pop the dish with the rotel and cream cheese in the microwave uncovered and nuke in 1 minute increments, stirring each time, until melted and well combined.
- Meanwhile, finish browning the sausage, drain and rinse well before adding to the dip.
- Stir until well combined.
- Serve with corn chips of choice (something stiff or they’ll break).