I’m seriously running out of names for these Mexican themed soups. But there are endless subtle variations on these flavors that we just love, so I keep inventing new varieties. This one wasn’t cooked in a crock pot (though it certainly could have been if it had occurred to me earlier in the day). It was super simple and came from staple ingredients in our pantry.
- 2.5 cups cooked chicken
- 1 box 99% fat free, low sodium chicken stock
- 1 can 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
- 1 can Hunt’s fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 2 cups black beans
- 1.5 cups frozen corn
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 packets Sazon
- This is so simple it really doesn’t even require steps.
- Dump it all in a pot (or crock pot) and simmer for 30 minutes (or on low in the crock for 4-6 hours).
- Serve with sour cream, cheddar cheese, and tortilla chips (although pita chips will do in a pinch).