I made stroganoff the other day and there were leftovers, but not quite enough for two. So my response was to make enough egg noodles for both of us, and whip of a saute of summer veggies to throw over mine. It was a quick, tasty use of assorted odds and ends in the veggie drawer. Serves 1. So here’s my humble offering to this week’s Presto Pasta Nights hosted by Siri at Siri’s Corner.
- 3 oz. No Yolk dumplings
- 3/4 cup diced zucchini
- 1/2 cup fire roasted red peppers
- 2 tsp sun dried tomatoes (not in oil), minced
- 1/2 cup chopped asparagus
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 oz goat cheese
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Cook noodles according to package directions
- Heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add the zucchini and onions and saute for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the peppers and onions.
- Meanwhile, heat the chicken stock in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes to the chicken stock to rehydrate.
- Once the veggies are cooked to taste, add the chicken stock and sun dried tomatoes.
- Simmer until liquid is reduced.
- Reduce heat to low and add goat cheese.
- Add noodles.
- Toss everything until goat cheese is melted and well coated. Enjoy!