Desperation is the mother of invention. Hubby really, really wanted some kind of dip to watch with the game, we had no Velveeta, and I was so not going to the grocery. So, making do with what we have, I put together this man-friendly dip out of cream cheese, beef, mushrooms, and rotel. The end result was tasty and hit the spot for game day fare.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 oz. diced fresh mushrooms
- 1 8 oz. block of neufchatel cheese
- 1 can rotel, drained
- Brown the ground beef.
- Drain and rinse.
- Use a little of the reserved grease to saute the mushrooms until soft.
- Add the beef back.
- Add the rotel and cheese.
- Stir until the cheese is melty and everything is well incorporated.
- Remove to large bowl.