Continuing my trial runs using Philadelphia Cooking Cream, for this dish I tried out the plain variety. According to the website, there is some kind of reduced fat version. Our grocery didn’t have that, so I got the regular kind. Naturally it had to be tried in a pasta. This was your classic, run of the mill, throw what you have in the fridge in with pasta and cream and cheese and go YUM dish. Serves 2-3 (depending on how hungry you are).
- 4 oz your preferred pasta (I used Tinkiyada brown rice pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 links cooked Italian sausage (I used Artisan Fresh Italian chicken sausages)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 oz. grated parmesean
- 1/2 cup Philly cooking cream
- Cook your pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the oil over medium heat.
- Saute the sausage and zucchini until the zucchini begins to soften.
- Add the mushrooms and peppers and saute another couple of minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and heat through.
- Add the cooking cream and stir until well incorporated and heated through.
- Add the parmesean.
- Drain your pasta and add to the sauce, stirring over low for a minute or so until pasta is well coated.