- Let me preface this post by saying that Daylight Savings Time is an invention of the devil. I hate, loathe, despise and otherwise want to stab it to a bloody death with a titanium spork. All you people who are like “but now it’s not dark when I get off work!” can suck it! I never DO anything after work because I’m TIRED and it’s usually HOT, ergo I’m going to come home and stay INSIDE in my nice air conditioned house where daylight does me no good whatsoever. And instead I am PUNISHED by being forced to GET UP IN THE DARK. :grumble grumble grouse complain: Pick a damned time and leave it year round. This changing crap is for the birds.
- The DABWAHA brackets are UP. Red is matched up against Anna Dressed In Blood. This was the one book on the list that I hadn’t read that I really want to. It’s good in that it’s not Divergent or Girl of Fire and Thorns which I know practically EVERYBODY has heard of. But I think it’s more well known than the other alternatives. So, we shall see! Jane gives a nice little tutorial on HOW TO USE THE BRACKET at the link, so please swing by the Tourney and enter your guesses as to who might win what bracket. I have no idea how this guessing portion fits in with the actual voting (which doesn’t start until Thursday I believe). And remember, you can still sign up for the DABWAHA Newsletter for daily reminders of what you can do to help Red stand a fighting chance!
- So the writing front has not gone great since about Wednesday when I a) found out about my nomination for DABWAHA, b) talked to my realtor about the people who wanted to see the house and dove into getting stuff ready, and c) had my mini pity party about the lack of local friends who really get me. I have come to understand that my brain’s method of getting back online for writing after several days off is to plot stuff. So yesterday I sat down and plotted out 3/4ths of another Mirus novella that resurrects an old heroine (not one I’d killed off, but one in a book I tossed) and also provides a use for the Riven cover I bought last year. I made it through to Act 4, finished most of the blueprint, story structure and scene list. Today I’d like to get going again on DOTH and maybe sort out Act 4 of this new Riven.
- On Friday I had the Honor Council hearings for the plagiarists in my class. Both were quite unpleasantly surprised that ignorance is not, in fact, a viable defense and were levied with a lower letter grade and mandatory completion of the Academic Integrity Intervention. Given the type of student who usually plagiarises in the first place, this means they probably won’t pass my class. If looks could kill, I would be a smoldering pile of ash.
- I’m ready to get back to reading. Been so busy this week I haven’t had much time to read, and my current weights/bands routine is so long I don’t have time for my extra bike time. I’ve been working my way through a couple of novella collections.
- Hubs and I have been shopping grills online this morning. Ours is limping its way to its death. We’ve determined we’re going to try to keep it as long as we can in hopes that we sell our house before it finally dies because all the ones we want to replace it won’t fit on our current porch. We’ve got big dreams of someday having an epic outdoor kitchen. And on that note, I’m hungry and it’s time to make some omelets for breakfast.
Get the newsletter
Work In Progress