- This week has been a real mixed bag I got food poisoning on Friday. Have an ear infection in the other ear. Had a renewal of food poisoning similar symptoms yesterday due to the new antibiotic the doc prescribed for said ear infection, which the pharmacist has now told me to discontinue until I can talk to the doctor. Have NOT gotten ANYTHING I intended to get done this weekend done due to said symptoms and the fact that I have generally felt like ASS. I shall be eating nothing but yogurt and soup today (yogurt at the pharmacist’s recommendation, soup at my own). Anybody know if frozen yogurt has the same probiotics? :goes to google: Evidently they go dormant when frozen and reactivate when they come in contact with body heat. Yay. Variety.
- It was a GOOD week in that I cut 8k words from DOTH. Which sounds awful, but it’s good in that I figured out what wasn’t working, why it wasn’t working, and HOW TO FIX IT (this being the most important part). So I’ve reworked the second half of my outline. It’s still got some holes in it, but I’m definitely headed in the right direction. I have a really bad habit of wanting to make my characters do what I would do–which involves research and planning and other sensible totally boring stuff that generally precludes mistakes. Which is hella boring to READ about and does not lend itself to good fiction.
- It was also a good week in that I have FINALLY FINALLY found a fun contemporary romance series that was exactly what I wanted. Jill Shalvis’ Lucky Harbor books are such fun, and I’ve already plowed my way through 1 and 2 and started 3 last night. I’ve got Susan started on them, so I foresee discussions of CR plot and structure forthcoming (I totally planned that because she’s way better at the analysis of stuff than I am), which will help me with further development of plot bunnies.
- Also on the positive, our ISP FINALLY sent someone out to look at our internet that was going out EVERY TIME IT RAINED (when they swore it wasn’t supposed to). Turns out that the antenna was installed upside down. And it took three people to figure this out. There are so many jokes in there… Anyway, we now have one that’s right side up and bigger, so we’re getting a better signal. FM internet. So weird. But it’s STABLE. And didn’t go out during yesterday’s thunderstorm. Halleluia.
- So all in all, the positive outweighed the negative but….yeah the negative is lingering and it just kinda sucks. I’m off to go buy yogurt.
My first foray into contemporary romance!
Please check the My Fiction Tab for my other books.
Attention book bloggers! If you want a review copy, please contact me above!
Get the newsletter
Work In Progress