- I have been fabulously FOODIE today. Was up early with the dogs and spent the morning catching up on my food magazines, reading through a new cookbook, and planning the week’s menu all while watching DVRed episodes of some of my favorite chefs on the Food Network. Then I pilot tested a new recipe for a potato crusted quiche (yum). Cooking does a happy Kait make.
- I also caught back up on prepping recipes for Pots and Plots for the next couple of weeks, and provided I actually keep up with writing the recipes as I make them (instead of having to try to reverse engineer and reconstruct from looking at the pictures), I should be able to maintain a more regular schedule.
- I’m afraid I don’t have a great deal to report on the writing front. I only wrote 2 days this week (523 and 574 respectively). I had to do a lot of thinking on DOTH this week. I’ve been working on this fight scene for about a week and a half now and I really needed to get a handle on my bad guy and what his fight style will be, how one of the other characters will fight, and to block out (choreograph) the entire scene. It’s been slow going. But these people come from a very different martial background than the stuff I usually write, so taking the time to think and get it right is going to pay off in the end.
- I did also spend some time this week transferring all my notes from the book I read about Otherworld into Evernote, then tagged and cross referenced so that I can start sorting out plot ideas, world building and such. This book has a much more fantasy-like world than my previous work. Up to now I’ve hung out very much in the real world. Now I’m going to have to really give some serious thought to the world I’m creating. I’m still working my way through a couple of other research books as well, so some of my writing time may have to go to that.
- My house is clean, laundry is nearly done, I’m rested, and I feel sane again. Proof that I can’t do without my weekend. Now I gotta go make some words.
Get the newsletter
Work In Progress