- Well had a bit of a rough start to the morning. Sometime between when I fed the dogs breakfast at 6:30 and when I actually got up at 9, poor Daisy had an upset tummy. I had some vague notion that she was making noise, but I was so wiped I didn’t actually manage to wake up. So I got to start my day testing out my new steam cleaner (it bears mentioning that I loathe carpet).
- It’s all quiet now that company has left. Hubs was off camping with a pal this weekend, so I’ve had a girls weekend with a friend who’s in town. There was much awesome food (I totally just had empanadas for breakfast), GOBS of talking, and movie watching (Hotel Transylvania–funny, and August Rush–a favorite of mine). She heads home to Michigan this week, and I’m gonna miss her like crazy.
- Hubs gets home sometime this afternoon, and I’ve got a full day planned before. I need to do a bit more cleaning around the house, do a load of laundry, write, walk the pups, and get started on the conversion of the plastic cap guns I bought at Walmart into a steampunk set of revolvers for my steampunk cowgirl costume for Halloween. There’s probably something else I’m supposed to do, but I need more tea to figure it out. There’s a distinct possibility that a nap will be involved. We stayed up late talking
- On the writing front, I logged 3020 words this week. Considerably less than I’d like, but I was largely sans my sprint buddies this week and just kind of fumbled my way through the scenes I was working on. I did actually write something every day this week except Saturday, so that’s something. I’m hoping to get back in the groove today and knock something out.
- On the Operation G.I.T. front, this was the first week in a month where I actually got in 3 runs. We’ve had a fair amount of rain that’s mucked up the schedule. I guess I need to start shifting my workout schedule around on rainy running days and just go ahead and do my weights and biking, then run two days in a row if it comes to that. On the food front, I successfully managed to do vegetarian until dinner all week (until this morning when I wiped out the chicken empanadas). I wasn’t actually counting calories this week and I haven’t weighed, so I don’t know how successful this tactic will be, but I feel pretty good about it, so I’m going to get back to that tomorrow. I’m making up some black bean and sweet potato burritos for my friends and I to try for lunch this week. I’ve already done so much cooking this last week, I think I’ll just be going with fruit cups and apples for my snacks this week. And then I’ll get up the nerve to weigh next week and see where I am.
Get the newsletter
Work In Progress