- So the highlight of my week was that I won the costume contest at the Halloween Roller Derby match last night. I went as a steampunk cowgirl. SOOO MUCH FUN! The corset was surprisingly comfortable. More so than panty hose anyway. I would be totally okay if this became an acceptable fashion trend. It’s WAY more fun than my usual starving grad student chic wardrobe (aka, not chic at all). Plus, I have a deep and abiding love of hats.
- We’ve had a cold front come through, so the weather is FINALLY gloriously, gorgeously FALL (at least until Friday when it gets hot again). We even got to use our gas logs yesterday for a while. It was lovely. And I roasted the first marshmallow of the season last night at the Halloween party we went to.
- Perhaps most importantly on the writing front this week is that I got unstuck. This necessitated going back and axing a couple of scenes, then revising my outline for the remainder of the book. This new version is SO MUCH BETTER and fixes some problems I wasn’t even aware I had created with the original incarnation. I clocked 1354 on Wednesday, 1660 on Thursday, only 452 on Friday (my mom called–she had a wreck–she’s okay, but it kind of took over my brain), and nothing on Saturday because I was busy making components of my costume. I’ve got 3 and a half scenes to go in Act 3. Not sure that I’ll get that finished before Thursday (the start of NaNo), but I’ll give it a big push!
- Riven will probably be on the backburner for the month of November. I’m really pushing hard to finish the first draft of DOTH by the end of NaNo because I’ve been working on this book for A YEAR and I am ready to hand it off to betas.
- Only one more week until this blasted extended Daylight Savings Time is OVER. Thank God. The sun should be UP when I wake up in the morning! I feel very strongly about this.
- The holidays are fast approaching. In another week, I shall hit the OMG I NEED TO FINISH MY CHRISTMAS SHOPPING Mode. Or rather, I need to START my Christmas shopping. I have a plan for a few of the people on my list but I’m going to be floundering looking for Amazon wish lists for everyone else. And for those folks who don’t have them…I don’t know exactly what we’ll do. There will be baking involved, I suspect.
My first foray into contemporary romance!
Please check the My Fiction Tab for my other books.
Attention book bloggers! If you want a review copy, please contact me above!
Get the newsletter
Work In Progress