Looking For Book Recs

Books

You know what I love?  Book series and trilogies and such that are really based around PLACES.  Jan Karon’s Mitford series springs to mind.  Nora’s latest, the Inn Boonsboro trilogy.  Jill Shalvis’ Lucky Harbor.  I LOVE these kinds of books because it’s sort of like taking a little vacation to visit these lovely towns (usually small ones).  I’ve got about three little towns in my head for various series I want to write someday and they’re simply fun to play with.

SO, I am looking for recs of more of this kind of thing.  What is your favorite book series or trilogy/quartet centered around a TOWN?  I’m a romance junkie, so that’s preferred, but I’m open to looking at some others.

Kait Nolan

Kait Nolan is stuck in an office all day, sometimes juggling all three of her jobs at once with the skill of a trained bear—sometimes with a similar temperament. After hours, she uses her powers for good, creating escapist fiction. This Mississippi native has something for everyone, from short and sweet to Southern contemporary romance to action-packed paranormal—all featuring heroes you’d want to sweep you off your feet and rescue you from work-day drudgery. When not working or writing, Kait’s hanging out in her kitchen cooking and wishing life were a Broadway musical.

9 thoughts on “Looking For Book Recs”

1. Barbara Ross - November 20, 2012 4:09 pm

Robyn Carr’s Virgin River books. Strong, likeable characters, depth of stories. Well written, and great sounding small town.

2. denizb33 - November 20, 2012 8:39 pm

Ooh, have you read the new Brenda Novak Whiskey Creek series? I liked the first one, but haven’t read the rest yet.
    I like these too, looking forward to seeing the other recommendations.

1. Kait Nolan - November 20, 2012 9:07 pm

I have not. I shall add them to the list.

3. Robin McCormack - November 20, 2012 9:20 pm

2nd both Robyn Carr and Brenda Novak. Also Mariah Stewart – her Chesapeake diary series is good. If you are into christian romance without the preachiness check out Julie Lessman’s Daughters of Boston series.

1. Barbara Ross - November 20, 2012 10:11 pm

I have read both of Brenda Novak’s first two Whiskey Creek books, plus the novella “When We Touch” that is also set in Whiskey Creek, and I loved those too. The third book in the series is due out in 2013. I will definitely get it. — The nice thing about Robyn Carr is that she has about 20 books in her Virgin River series, all good ones.

1. Kait Nolan - November 20, 2012 10:12 pm

I tried the Virgin River stuff and just didn’t care for it.

4. tmycann - November 20, 2012 11:41 pm

For fluffy… Have you tried Christine Feehan’s Drake Sisters series? Adds a nice touch of the supernatural to the romance, though by the end of the series it was getting a tad predictable. I still enjoyed it enough to last through all seven, and even reread one or two in the middle of the series before passing them on to my local reseller.

5. Jess Witkins - November 21, 2012 12:16 am

My mom loves the Mitford series, but I haven’t checked it out yet. Did you ever check out Bethany Wiggins’ book, Shifting? I think I made you two meet on twitter. LOL. But I loved Shifting, as did my sis. Bethany’s working on a third book right now, but not a series.