My crit partner and I made these last weekend and they were TOP NOTCH. The bulk went to my FIL for Father’s Day, but we went through a fair number ourselves. They don’t fall into the category of remotely healthy but they are awesome. Sadly, I can’t tell you how many it makes because I kinda ate large quantities before we baked them…2 dozen maybe?
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 stick butter flavored Crisco
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/8 cup brown sugar Splenda (or 3/4 cup brown sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup Hershey’s milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup Reese’s peanut butter chips
- Cream the butter, Crisco, and sugars in your mixer.
- Add the eggs.
- Add the salt, vanilla, and baking soda.
- Add the flour a little at a time.
- Add the chips.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Drop onto cookie sheet (about 1/8th cup scoops) with a couple of inches between cookies.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes (though you’ll wanna start checking at 10 until you know what your oven does) until slightly browned at the edges.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before transferring to wire cooling racks.
- Enjoy with a cold glass of milk.
These look and sound yummy. I think I have a similar recipe but it has oatmeal in it so I can tell myself it isn’t too unhealthy.
We had a different recipe planned that used oatmeal and never got around to making them. These were too addictive!