I have wanted to glaze salmon forever. But it seemed like every time I tried, the glaze just slid right off the fish. Well there are these things called directions. It kinda helps when you look ’em up. The secret, apparently, is cornstarch. The end result was a flavorful fish with just the right amount of citrusy bite. Serves 2.
- 2 4 oz. salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, mix the marmalade, tamari, and ginger.
- Mix the cornstarch with the water until smooth and add to the saucepan.
- Whisk until well combined.
- Arrange the fillets in a shallow baking dish.
- Spoon half the glaze over the top.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes, basting halfway through.