- I was a total waste of oxygen yesterday. Didn’t get a thing written or actively plotted. Opening up the WIP just made me close it again because I had no idea what to do with it. Same reaction this morning, which led me to the conclusion that’s been circling around my head for the last six weeks. I need a better plot for this book.
- I’ve been brainstorming with Susan for the last couple of hours, working on figuring out a more active and involved plot. I went back to Devil’s Eye and traced several plot problems (as in conflicts remaining from that story, not actual problems with the plot) from there, logically forward a few weeks, which is where Devil’s Snare takes place. And I realized something huge about my Big Bad which I’d forgotten about that should help. The end result? I’m about to open up a case of C4 on my outline. But that’s okay. I’m only a scene and a half into the book, and I’d rather fix this NOW than keep on floundering for several chapters and continue to have it be complete and utter shite.
- The week wasn’t a total loss on getting back in the groove anyway. My goal was 500 words a day, and I did write 5 of 6 days for a total of 2747 words, just shy of 500 a day. Considering the total bleh of an outline I was working from, I’m satisfied with that. Even though half of that won’t be staying. It’s words and getting back into routine, and that’s important.
- After yesterday’s DIY marathon on TV, I got all motivated to finish some things. I had hubs get down the mitre saw and I FINALLY cut the moulding I bought FIVE YEARS AGO to frame out the bathroom mirror. Painted it. Hung it this morning. So we went from this:
I also picked up some ribbon this morning to use on a window treatment I have planned to go over the window above the kitchen sink. I got the fabric a month or so ago and hadn’t been able to decide what I wanted, but then I found a really cute idea for an easy curtain on BHG.com. Once hubs gets back from golfing this afternoon, I may pull out my sewing machine and put that together. Shouldn’t take more than an hour. I also picked up some of that spray on with the garden hose window cleaner and some pro bleach stuff for the side of the house. Maybe I should watch DIY TV more often.
- For the immediate future, I’m changing my Round 4 goal. It is imperative that I get my plot sorted out before I write much more, so that’s my focus this week. I’d like to have my plot mostly finalized by next Sunday.
- I’m looking for a ROWbuddy with writing goals, who hangs out on Twitter, and is available for writing sprints in the vicinity of 5-7 PM Central time. I write paranormal romance/urban fantasy if that matters.