Yeah, we’re still talking about goals around here. It’s the start of January, sue me. It’s also (today) the start of the first round of ROW80 for 2012. YAHOO!
SO, my goals for this round are:
- Write an average of 600 words a day on DOTH (the first of the YA trilogy I’m working on). I know, I know, I said in yesterday’s post I want to shoot for an average of 850, and I’ll get there over the course of the year, but I’m currently establishing a new routine, so we’re starting low. 600 words. 100 words above my “Test Mile” of 500. A little push. The book itself is estimated to be in the neighborhood of 85k, so I should get a good solid chunk of it written this round.
- Using my handy dandy, newly revised word tracking spreadsheet, I want to figure out what my most productive times of day are and capitalize on them. This is prompted by this blog post by Rachel Aaron on how she went from 2,000 words a day to 10,000 words a day. This is GOOD STUFF. If you want to increase your productivity (and we all know productivity is totally a sexy word for me), read it. I am under no illusions that I’ll be able to write 10,000 words a day while working, but if I could boost it up to 1,000 or even 2,000 on some days, that would be amazing.
- I want to finish the blueprint for DOOM and come up with a tentative scene list. I’m not too far from getting this done actually, so it seems doable by the end of this round.
- I want to make a blueprint for a potential Mirus story that’s niggling. I’m not sure if it’s going to be a short story or a novella or somewhere between. It’s a portion of the backstory for DOOM that would make a tidy little self contained story of some length or other and writing it out will, I think, put me in a good frame of mind for DOOM later in the year.
- On the fitness front, I will commit to a 2 day split over 3 days of weight training (Workout A, Workout B, Workout A one week, BAB the next) from Burn the Fat, Feed The Muscle.
- I will also commit to a minimum of 45 minutes of cardio a day.
- And since this is all about goals and not resolutions, I aim to reduce my body fat percentage by 3%. That would be about halfway to my ultimate goal for the year.