I decided I had to have fresh bread with the Beef, Barley, and Porcini Soup. As there was a lone beer hanging out in the back of the fridge that my man overlooked, I decided to confiscate it in the name of bread. Beer bread is one of my favorite things because it’s fast, easy, and delicious. I strayed from my usual straight up beer bread by adding a few additional ingredients with the sharp cheddar and herbs. The results were outstanding. This made 15 muffins/rolls for me at 117 calories and 1 gram of fat per muffin.
- 1 12 oz. bottle of beer (I used Michelob Honey Lager)
- 2 cups white flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 oz. finely grated sharp cheddar
- 1 tablespoon herbs de Provence
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine the sugar, baking powder, salt, flours, cheddar and herbs.
- Add the beer and mix until just combined.
- Spray 3 muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Using well floured hands, pinch off 1 inch sections of dough and form into a ball. Each muffin cup should hold 3 balls of dough.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.