Gluten Free Friday: Barbeque Chicken Stromboli
Okay this isn’t really a classic stromboli. Real stromboli has all these lovely layered Italian meats and veggies. But I had some leftover rotisserie chicken and a hankering for barbeque AND pizza and…well, this is what I wound up doing with it. The end result was quite tasty.
- 1/2 a batch of gluten free pizza dough
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 ounces finely shredded smoked gouda cheese
- 1 bottle of your favorite barbeque sauce
- olive oil
- parchment paper (You will thank me for this later)
- pizza stone or pan
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. If you’re using a pizza stone, pop it in during the preheat.
- Tear off a piece of parchment paper that’s approximately the same size as your stone or pan.
- Oil your hands.
- Plop the dough down on your parchment paper and press into a thin rectangle (you’re looking at about an eighth of an inch thick at the most).
- Brush a layer of barbeque sauce down the center.
- Sprinkle the chicken down the center.
- Add a little more barbeque sauce.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of the chicken.
- Now, here’s where you’re going to thank me for that parchment paper. Carefully lift one side and fold it over the middle. You should be able to peel the parchment paper back (not off, as it’s going to bake on it–you’re just folding).
- Repeat on the other side and press seam closed.
- Carefully transfer the stromboli to your pizza stone (I recommend using a pizza peel so you don’t drop it) or place the pan in the oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Slice into chunks all the way down.
- Serve with more barbeque sauce for dipping.