I promised I’d be back this week with something awesome and if the fact that my husband and I just both had seconds and polished off a meal intended for four is anything to judge by, this recipe delivers. We absolutely destroyed this dish. It’s full of classic comfort and totally blows the Hamburger Helper the average joe eats out of the water.
- 1.5 pounds of beef (I used ribeye, though I believe sirloin is more common for this dish)
- 8 oz. baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
- 3/4 cup beef broth
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1.5 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 2 cups egg noodles (I prefer No Yolks)
- Cut your beef into 1.5″ cubes.
- Mix the flour, salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Add the beef to this mixture and stir to coat.
- Add to your crock.
- Add the mushrooms.
- Add the mushroom soup and the beef broth and stir well.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
- When you get home, add the sour cream and noodles and crank the crock up to high for 20 minutes. You’ll want to give it a good stir after 5-10 minutes once the noodles have softened enough to fully incorporate into the sauce.