We’re back to the Sam’s gourmet chicken sausages tonight. I was in the mood for spaghetti since it’s cold, but I didn’t want to actually thaw out any beef, so sausage it was. The results were quite tasty, though I think I’d prefer a different pasta than spaghetti because I had a hard time getting pasta in every bite because it kept slithering off the fork. This makes 3 servings at 504 calories and 10.2 grams of fat. So I offer it up for this week’s Presto Pasta Night, hosted by Kevin of Closet Cooking.
- 1 jar/can your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup rough chopped mushrooms
- 1 pound mozzarella and roasted garlic sausages, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 oz. dried whole wheat spaghetti
- Add the spaghetti sauce, mushrooms, sausage, basil, and garlic and mix well.
- Simmer on low for at least thirty minutes.
- Prepare your pasta water (salt and bring to a boil).
- Add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Drain pasta and plate up with sauce.
- Serve with garlic bread.