There are some folks who wouldn’t say that Bisquick deserves to be featured on a food blog. I say Psh. It’s a nice handy ingredient for fast dinners and sides. As long as you’re adding something TO it, I say it counts. I made these up to go with the Chicken and Corn Chowder we had for dinner. The combo was kick ass! This makes 6 biscuits at 130.5 calories and 3.4 grams of fat.
- 1.5 cups of Bisquick Heart Smart
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 oz smoked cheddar, finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients until a soft dough forms.
- Drop rounded spoonfuls (6 total) onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes.
These biscuits look good–I’ll bet the kids could make them. We use a from-scratch baking mix (how much do I love Mason jars?), but the result should be very similar. Thanks for the recipe!
Ooo, care to share the recipe for the baking mix?
Quick & Easy!! Now that’s my kind of recipe. Sounds tasty.