- It’s a POSITIVE ROW80 check in today! After switching projects this week to one of my old romantic suspense novels that got abandoned when I got back into paranormal romance, my brain finally seemed to unlock! Wed: 1495, Thurs: 1162, Fri: 116 (I was busy that day), Sat: 538. Total: 3311, which is ALMOST 5oo words a day for the week (even though I didn’t actually WRITE every day this week). So I am very happy with that. This book will absolutely need revisions when I’m finished to even the voice out (I sound different now than I did 3 years ago), but things are moving. So yay for that.
- I’ve been all about the food prep this weekend. Catching up on all my gluten free baking with hot dog buns, sandwich bread, some confetti bars (rice krispy treats made with fruity pebbles). The thing I’m most looking forward to is the carne asada I’m cooking on Monday that’s been marinating since yesterday afternoon. It’s going to be epic. There’s 3 pounds of meat, so I’m thinking classic carne asada tacos one night, salads the next, and possibly nachos a third night later this week. We’ll see. I’m about to make sausage pancakes this morning. It seemed like a good idea. Sausage is always delicious dipped IN the maple syrup, so why not put crumbled, browned sausage IN the pancakes? Hubby thought it sounded great. That’ll be going up at Pots and Plots on Friday. Also coming up at P and P this week is a cajun sausage and potato skillet and roasted acorn squash.
- Regarding Operation Goddess In Training, I’ve been working hard. I am nearly done with my first month of The Body Fat Solution and I’m definitely seeing results on the toning front. My fancy pants scale that measures body fat and muscle mass says my muscle is going up and my body fat is going down. Slowly, but surely. So that’s a big yay. I’m only doing the fitness portion of that program because the whole calorie counting thing works best for me. I’ve fallen out of yoga. There’s not time to do it in the morning after weights, and the routine takes too long to do at lunch. And we all know that I just won’t work out after work–True Things. So…whatever. I’ve added my weighted hula hoop back into the routine. Nothing in the world is better for whittling your waist and hips. Since Halloween is upon us, thus marking the Season Of Great Temptation, it seemed a wise move.
- We’ve got a wedding coming up next weekend, so this week I have to do the annual hauling out of the dress clothes and taking them to the cleaners. Yes, I said annual. We’re informal people, so unless there’s a wedding or a funeral, we mostly don’t dress up. I get to still dress like a grad student at work, and hubs has a uniform. Saves on the dry cleaning, that’s for sure.
- I rediscovered an old music love last night while watching Alias. There was a group forever ago called Eastmountainsouth, a dynamic duo who apparently split after only one album or something, but omg, they just had such a marvelous sound. So I had to go and buy the album from Amazon again last night.
- We finally saw Captain America. I really enjoyed it, even though it didn’t have a Kait approved happy ending. I thought they did a really good job with characterization. Strangely, Hugo Weaving without a face looks a lot like Samuel L. Jackson if he were playing Skeletor. I’m just sayin’. If they do as good a job with characterization in The Avengers, then I’ll be happy.
Sounds like you’re doing great, Kait! Linked to you on the blog on Friday [g]
The goals sound like they’re really coming along… the food sounds tremendous!
Mental reboots really work for you! There must’ve been so much stress blocking your creativity. Yay, Susan!
Nice word counts! I still haven’t seen Captain America yet, but The Avengers looks fun. Guess I have until next spring to catch up on superhero movies.
Awesome. Glad things are going smoothly. I caught part of The Green Lantern yesterday. Ended up turning it off and watching Serenity instead. Love Nathan Fillion.
Congratulations on a productive week.