I got this recipe for pizza sauce from my old aikido instructor’s wife. It’s fantastic!
- 2 (15 oz) cans diced or crushed tomatoes
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Mix well in a medium sauce pan. Heat on medium-low for 15 minutes. This makes enough sauce for 3 or 4 large pizzas. Leftovers freeze well. I normally divide up into 3 small freezer bags.
The whole batch is worth 587.5 calories and 2.5 grams of fat.