There’s one more day left in the round, but I have an Awesome Things post queued up for tomorrow, so I figure I might as well do the update now. I only had 3 goals this round:
- Write 20 out of 30 Days
- Finish How To Train a Wild Elephant (which got changed because I realized it was meant to be read over the course of a year).
- Learn to quit (actually take breaks).
So how’d I do?
Well, this round I’ve written 68,894 words. Here’s the breakdown:
- January: Wrote 22 days
- January Plotted: 12,386 words on 5 different projects
- January Prose: 10,434 words on 3 projects
- February: Wrote 19 days
- February Plotted; 16,199 words on 2 projects
- February Prose: 9,754 words on 3 projects
- March: Wrote 17 days (so far)
- March Plotted: 2,259 words on 2 projects
- March Prose: 17,862 words on 2 projects
I got 3 other Meet Cutes plotted out, one of which is a crossover with my Wishful series. I’m solidly into To Get Me To You and LOVING it. I’m also simultaneously working on Once Upon A Setup, which is my Wishful-Meet Cute crossover in which you find out a bunch of stuff that went on BEHIND the scenes during Be Careful, It’s My Heart. For those of you who wanted to know more about Myles, this will be your introduction (but don’t worry, he’ll get his own full story after). Overall, I’m really happy with the first three months of the year.
As for the learn to quit. Well, I’ve been some better about this. There are days when I just haven’t gotten stuff done. More often that stuff has been dishes or housework than writing. Which BUGS me. But I feel more sane than I did before, so…eh. I spent most of January doing yoga and generally trying to chillax and detress. I added back the Couch 2 5k program at end of February. And I’m getting ready to get back into weight lifting. I’ve just been burning the candle at both ends and in the middle for WAY TOO DAMN LONG and it was time to cut some things out or down. It’s a work in progress, as is most of life.