I have no idea how I’ve managed to food blog for two years and not actually post my recipe for oven fries. We eat them all the time! They’re so simple, so tasty, and so much better for you than the deep fried variety. This makes sides for 4. I don’t know the exact nutritional info because most of the oil stays in the bowl.
- 4 medium potatoes (about 3″ in diameter)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- garlic powder
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Slice your potatoes into sticks (somewhere between 1/4 to 1/2 inch in diameter).
- Toss with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with seasonings to taste (I know, I really should be more exact, but I don’t KNOW how much I use!).
- On a large baking sheet, arrange a couple of cooling racks (the wire kind you use to cool baked goods). The idea is to keep the fries lifted off the baking sheet so that the heat can circulate evenly.
- Arrange the fries over the racks.
- Bake for 35 minutes.