This is a favorite Friday night dish in our house. It’s probably technically like 4 servings but this is us, so really it’s 2. We aren’t gonna talk about the fat and calories. Just trust that it’s less with the low fat substitutions.
- tortilla chips of your choice (I make homemade ones)
- 1 pound 93% lean ground turkey
- 2 cups black beans
- 2 packets of sazon
- 1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/3 cup shredded reduced fat fiesta blend cheeses
- 4 tablespoons low fat sour cream
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup salsa
- pinch salt
- Brown the turkey.
- Add the beans, sazon, chili powder, taco seasoning, and 1 cup of water.
- Simmer until liquid is reduced.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Layer the chips over the bottom of 2 pie dishes.
- Divide the meat and bean mixture between the two.
- Sprinkle 2/3 cup of the cheese over each dish.
- Bake for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melty.
- Meanwhile, remove the pit and scrap the flesh of the avocados into a bowl.
- Add the yogurt and salsa.
- Mash until well combined for homemade guacamole.
- Remove the nachos from the oven and divide the guacamole between both dishes.
- Top each with 2 tablespoons of light sour cream.