- The funeral is this afternoon. Family is coming in, so it will be good to see folks. There will be more storytelling, which is the part of grieving that I actually enjoy. Inevitably there are stories I haven’t heard about the family yet, and that’s kind of fun.
- I’m about ready to crawl the walls, I’m so twitchy. Ready to get back to my own space, my own bed, my own ROUTINE without the threat of having to drop everything and run. That will go a long way for all of us being able to heal and move on. It’s been a roller coaster 4 months, especially for my mom and uncle, who’ve had the biggest changes. Everybody’s earned some peace.
- Hubs and I are about to hit the healthy HARD. Both our weights have backslid since Christmas. I’ve had FOUR pairs of jeans split next to the pocket corners, which has been a combination of the fact that jeans are ALL I wear most of the time and they all wore out at the same time, and additional stress from my derriere having increased in size. Ugh. So, yeah, really into hitting the healthy. End of April I’m gonna be back to my pre-Christmas weight. If I say it in public, it’s more likely to happen.
In reading news, I’m reading Heck: Where The Bad Kids Go, which is flipping HILARIOUS. It totally makes it worth the agonizing boredom of being forced to read Paradise Lost and Dr. Faustus in high school just so I get all the literary jokes. It’s an MG but definitely appealing to adults with a literary sense of humor.
- I have not written in 22 days. Yeesh. Gonna be a mega case of page fright when I finally sit down with Red again.
- I really, really miss my dogs. Mom’s dog Teddy is sweet, but she’s not a cuddler like my Callie. The dogs are just so much a part of our life that it’s weird to be away from them.
- To all those who rose to my defense against a recent commenter on my blog, y’all are awesome.