I saw these Tuscan Lemon Muffins in the latest issue of Cooking Light and HAD to try them. I love lemon anything (scones, poppyseed bread, pie…) and at 186 calories and 6.2 grams of fat, these won’t break the calorie bank.
- 7 9/10 oz all-purpose flour (1 3/4 cups)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbs grated lemon rind
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Cooking spray
- 2 Tbs turbinado sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.
- Combine flour and next 3 ingredients (through salt); make a well in center.
- Combine ricotta and next 5 ingredients (through egg).
- Add ricotta mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
Place 12 muffin-cup liners in muffin cups; coat with cooking spray.
- Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Sprinkle turbinado sugar over batter.
- Bake at 375° for 16 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pan on a wire rack.