- Hubs had to work today, so I’ve been on my own getting stuff done around the house. Finally redid one of the closets today. Yeah, with those shelves I bought right after Christmas. That’s been a long time coming. It’s a much better use of the space. I was able to move a fair bit of stuff out of the guest room closet into more appropriate storage, which is a necessary thing since that will be the kid’s room whenever we have one and that stuff will have to go SOMEWHERE.
- So I’m sitting here watching The Book of Eli and chilling. This was not what I had intended to watch. I had plans first to watch Cold Mountain. Not on Netflix or Amazon Prime for free. Gods and Generals. Same deal. So then I was going to get into my third season of Downton Abbey, but that is apparently on the flash drive with hubby at work. And then I was going to catch up on Once Upon A Time, but apparently my DVR skipped several episodes. So here I am. Not that there’s anything wrong with this movie (it seems pretty brutal), it’s just not what I was in the mood for.
- I had intended to get started on my revision hell plan today, but I haven’t quite gotten all my crits back, so working on other things instead. I’ve been making steady progress on my toolkit for the next book. Still have holes to fill in, some worldbuilding and research to do. But it’s shaping up really nicely.
- Next week I start on the last lecture I need to write for the new class I”m teaching in the fall. Then I get to start recording them all, which is a whole other level of PITA. But it’s a step closer to being DONE. I need to knock out 2 a week to be ready for the start of the semester in August. I’ll probably take 3 weekend days to get all the recording done, then take my time with all the editing. As long as I’ve got the first month or two’s worth of classes uploaded, I’ll have a little bit of wiggle room to get the rest done.
- I’m making pulled pork tomorrow. I swear it takes longer to thaw a pork shoulder than it does a turkey! I guess I’ll be playing with rubs. Something with brown sugar and garlic powder and smoky stuff. And maybe a bit of heat.
- I feel like there should be more news, but I can’t think of any.
I liked The Book of Eli.
Brown sugar, garlic powder, and smoky stuff. Yum! Do you do this in the crock pot?
I start it on the grill to get a little smoke on it, then finish it off in the crock pot.
We keep the vacuum cleaner in my daughter’s closet and the fans in my son’s. Kids really don’t mind. 😉
You remind me that i need to research some rubs. Off to do that now. 🙂
Well yeah but there are things in that closet I don’t want little kids to have access to–like…all the sharp things in my sewing supplies and my wedding dress…
I totally get wanting to keep that from little hands.