Okay, so today is the end of Round 3 of #ROW80. Let’s review what I hoped to get accomplished this round:
- Finish revisions on Riven.
- Write 20 days out of 30 each month.
- Fast draft a super outline for the next book.
- My craft book for this round is John Truby’s The Anatomy of Story.
- Continue with my daily meditation.
- Find more stolen snatches of writing time.
- Finish prepping my Psych and Law class for fall.
- Unplug for a stretch every day.
So how’d I do?
- Riven is finished and RELEASED. I got it out about 2 weeks after I wanted to, but it’s OUT and available. Slow start to sales, which is exactly what I expected after being out of the game for so long. It’ll take a bit of time to gain some traction. But it is OUT, which is huge.
- Knocked this out of the park. In July I wrote 27/31, August 31/31, and September 14/18 so far. Some of these days were revisions and line edits. Some was straight up plotting. But words were produced. A lot of words. 61,379 words, to be precise. Most of that was on Riven. A fair chunk was on Be Careful. Another fair chunk was on plotting various and sundry projects (7 of them). I am very very happy with that.
- Didn’t even get to this. With Riven revisions stretching into last week prior to release, I just haven’t gotten to this. My focus otherwise has been on finishing up Be Careful.
- Didn’t even crack it. I’ll get to it one of these days.
- Um…fail? I have this resistance to just stopping to DO it. It’s not like it takes that long. I’ll have to keep working on this.
- So so. I averaged over 1k a day most days, so I’m getting more words in somewhere. I do a lot of plotting in snatches between other stuff, so I guess that’s where I’m picking up the extra.
- ALMOST. I have ONE ASSIGNMENT left to write. Everything else is done and live.
- Meh. I started out well with this and fell off the wagon because I got busy. Still working on it.
I’ll be coming up with some new goals for the start of Round 4 on October 7th. Lots to do between now and then.