Well, how’s this for crazy? I set up all the stuff for Round 3 over at the ROW80 blog and never got around to actually posting my goals. A lot of that is because I went immediately on vacation down to the coast for some writer time with Lisa Kroger. We had a spa day and lots of brainstorming, which was fantastic. There’s no telling what the lovely ladies doing our pedicures thought of our conversation. I sorted out what was missing from my current book and did a read through in order to incorporate the new material about my hero. Now, I’m sitting here with an epic case of page fright trying to get back into things. The teenager gets back in an hour or so from a two week stint with her grandparents, so time is short for words tonight, but then we’ll be getting firmly back into routine. So, with that in mind, it’s time to set some goals:
- Oldie but goodie, write 20 days out of every 30.
- Finish writing Turn My World Around, the Wishful novel (#6) I’m 2/3rds of the way through with.
- Finish revisions on Dance Me A Dream (#8), another Wishful novella that’s my contribution to a holiday anthology releasing later this year. I actually wrote this one last Christmas and just need to make a pass through to deepen some stuff and generally flesh out a couple of things. That should be nice and quick.
- Revise Sooper Seekrit Project Book 1. The first draft of this was…almost devoid of conflict because I didn’t fully understand the conflict until I was nearly through. Took out all the narrative punch. Plus I didn’t know my hero or shero or world well yet. So, this will be a full on new draft (mostly).
- Plot out Sooper Seekrit Project Book 3. This one’s plot has been eluding me, so that’s why it’s been pushed off to after this other stuff.
- Begin formatting Wishful books for print editions. I need to just take a long weekend somewhere and knock them all out.
That ought to do me.
Nice set of goals – and the site theme seems perfect for you, Kait! =D