Today is Good Friday and it is very very good indeed. It means I have time to run up to Tupelo for a visit to my favorite used bookstore to trade in a massive pile and look for some more. I am looking for:
- Lynn Viehl’s If Angels Burn, Private Demon, and Stay The Night. I already have the other four, but I wanted to get the rest of the series so that I can start from the beginning and have the others available should I tear all the way through like I did when I discovered The Black Dagger Brotherhood.
- Marjorie M. Liu’s Tiger Eye. Pot’s been raving about the Dirk and Steele series, so I figured it’s high time I picked up the first one and tried it out.
- Patricia Briggs’ Moon Called. I read Cry Wolf as my first introduction to Patricia Briggs and loved it, and I hear people around the blogosphere rave about the Mercy Thompson books, so wanted to get the first of those as well.
- Christina Dodd’s Touch of Darkness. I read Scent of Darkness on a road trip earlier this spring and enjoyed it enough to want to know about the brother who’s disappeared in Scotland.
- Kresley Cole’s A Hunger Like No Other, which I’ve been looking for for MONTHS and will probably have to order, but one never knows.
- Theresa D’Amario’s SheWolf. I read a blog post earlier this week by her over at Lori Devoti’s Full Moon of Werewolves. Loved her voice, so I thought I’d look for the book she talk about. Though I can’t even find her on Amazon, so that might have to wait a while.
- And of course Larissa Ione’s Passion Unleashed, which is highly unlikely to have made it into the used bookstore and is well worth the trip to Books A Million to buy while it’s retail purchase actually counts toward her numbers (Congrats again on the New York Times and USA Today Best Seller Lists)
Of course, what I end UP with may be entirely different. I think that’s one of the things I like about shopping at used bookstores. It’s a treasure hunt. Happy Easter to me.