I’ve got a friend going through a tough time right now, so I’m in major freezer filling mode this weekend. As her family is vegetarian, it’s giving me a chance to experiment a bit with some of my more classic recipes. One thing that is an old standby for freezer fare in our house is quiche.
A quick announcement not to forget to submit your slow cooker recipe to Thoughtless Thursdays!
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/2 cup light mayo
- 2 Tbsps flour
- 6 oz swiss cheese shredded/grated
- 8 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and drained (be sure to squeeze out the extra liquid with a clean kitchen towel)
- 1/4 cup fresh scallions
- 1/2 cup sweet red peppers, diced
- 1 deep dish pie crust (if you’re a pastry person, more power to you–I buy mine frozen)
- This is all so straight forward there are hardly steps. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix everything until well incorporated.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Make an aluminum foil tent to go over your quiche.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees, removing foil for the last 5 minutes in order for the edges of the crust to brown up.
- That’s it. Super seriously easy food.
If you freeze it, it should be thawed before rebaking at 350 degrees for approximately 15-20 minutes or until the center is warm (but watch it to make sure it doesn’t burn).