In my subbing greek yogurt for sour cream kick, I used some of the Chobani yogurt I got from the company to make a Greeked up version of Poppyseed Chicken Casserole. This one’s loaded with more veggies than my original Poppyseed Chicken Casserole. The end result was quite different than what I’m used to. Nice for a change though it definitely suffered from my being out of Ritz crackers as a topping. It made 4 huge servings at 500 calories and 8 grams of fat apiece.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 8 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 1 can artichoke hearts drained
- 2 cans 98% fat free cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1.5 tablespoons poppyseed chicken
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- buttery spray
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray.
- Saute the chicken over medium high heat until no longer pink.
- In a 9×13 baking dish, cover the bottom with rice.
- Layer the mushrooms and artichokes next.
- Layer the chicken.
- Mix the cream of chicken soup, chicken stock, yogurt, and poppy seeds.
- Pour over the casserole.
- Top with panko breadcrumbs and spritz with buttery spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.