We’ve been on a Cajun kick lately. Hubby requested blackened potato wedges the other day to go with the andouille and gouda sausages I picked up from Sam’s over the weekend (jury is still out on those, btw…they need to be IN something, and I don’t yet know what). I did a search and came up with this recipe for blackened seasoning from All Recipes rather than using the Slap Ya Mama I had in the pantry.
- 2 russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- blackening seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Slice each potato lengthwise in half. Then each half in half, then each quarter in half, until you have eight wedges from each potato.
- Toss the wedges in the olive oil.
- Add the blackening seasoning (your choice how much…careful, it has bite) and toss until well coated.
- Lay a wire rack over your cookie sheet and layer the potatoes across it. This allows the heat to circulate all around the wedges so you don’t have to flip them.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (I used smaller russets, so keep an eye out after half an hour).