When I started out with this recipe, I had every intention of making the Baked Fish Tacos from Evil Shenanigans. But when I got started I realized I didn’t actually have half the ingredients, so I wound up just making homemade fish sticks. The results were certainly better than when I have tried breading and baking fish in the past. The secret is to bread it and allow it to rest for 10-15 minutes, then it hardens up and actually STICKS. What a fabulous concept.
- 4 fish filets (I used about 12 oz. of cod)
- 1/4-1/2 cup Egg Beaters
- mixture of crushed corn flakes, tortilla chips, and bread crumbs (your choice, just pulse them until pulverized in the food processor)
- Using papertowels, blot as much of the moisture out of the fish as you can.
- Cut the fish into sticks about 1 inch thick.
- Dip each stick into the egg beaters
- Dip into the breading. I find it works best to have one hand pulling out of the egg beaters and the other to pat the breading on.
- Set the breaded fish aside for about 15 minutes.
- Spray your pan with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 for 12-16 minutes.