As you all know, I love sharing links to handy dandy resources. Given my previous jaunts in romantic suspense, I’ve accrued quite a few related to cops/crime/FBI sorts of things. Today I stumbled across another site that I just had to share. Archetype touts itself as The Fiction Writer’s Guide to Psychology. From their site:
- In Real Psychology, you’ll find information on disorders, assessments, research, and shrink lingo.
- Search lets you quickly search the site for exactly what you’re looking for.
- In Media Portrayals, you can learn what Anakin Skywalker’s diagnosis is and check out mistakes from movies, television, and novels.
- Our Muses help you write by sharing idea generators, visual prompts, and information on ways to beat writer’s block
- Can’t find the psychological information you need on the site? Q & A lets you ask the psychologist your own writing/psychology questions and read responses to others’ questions.
- Articles & Resources includes articles on strong writing, characterization, genre writing, editing and feedback, agents and publishing, and using psychology in your fiction .
As someone who’s trained in the field, I have to say that they’ve got some good information. I particularly like that they list a lot of the ways that fiction screws up in psychology (since that is one of my pet peeves). So hop on over and check it out!
Thanks for posting that. I love the idea generator, much better than just a word generator I use a lot!
thanks for this post. I also linked to your CritPartnerMatch page. I like the idea, and want to help it grow. (I gave it a thumbs up in StumbleUpon, as well).
Thanks! We appreciate the exposure!