I had a few perfectly fresh avocados, a bunch of fresh jalapenos, onions and garlic and LIMES. Of course that means guacamole! Guac is my favorite universal topping for…well…everything from sandwiches to chips to chicken to wraps. It’s wonderful stuff. And full of all those healthy omega 3 fatty acids. If you can restrain yourself from eating the entire bowl. I encourage you not to have more than a serving of chips available at a time. Really, it’s for your own good and the good of your waistline.
- 2 avocados
- 1 fresh jalapeno, deseeded and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp dried cilantro or 1 bunch fresh cilantro finely minced
- This is so super simple. Start off by mincing or chopping all ingredients.
- Add the jalapenos, onion, garlic and cilantro to a small bowl.
- Slice open and remove the pit of the avocados. Scoop flesh into the bowl.
- Squeeze the juice of the lime into the bowl.
- With the tines of a fork, mash and stir the mixture together (as chunky or smooth as you like).
- Add a dash of salt and hit it with a few turns of your fresh pepper grinder.
- Serve with…anything. I could eat it with a spoon.
Yum! I love guacamole! Your’s looks really fresh and tasty!