This is one of my very favorite ways to prepare zucchini. See, fried zucchini is one of my all time favorite foods. But of course, it’s not very good FOR you. I found this recipe…well I don’t know where actually. I’ve been making them for years. Oven-fried zucchini. They’re light and filling and I often eat them as a whole meal. They’re also great with a bit of fresh parmesan cheese sprinkled over the top.
Okay I FINALLY updated this with a picture (which is saying something because these cool fast and I adore them and they disappear FAST).
- 1 medium squash, jullianed (cut into fries)
- 1 medium zucchini, jullianed(cut into fries)
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- If you have a baking rack that can go in the oven, place it on top of your cookie sheet.
- Pour milk into a bowl.
- Put breadcrumbs 1 thin layer at a time onto a plate.
- Dip squash and zucchini into milk, then into breadcrumbs to coat.
- Layer on baking rack.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- If you don’t have a baking rack, flip the fries at 10 minutes.
Can be served with Parmesan cheese. I frequently eat the whole batch as a meal. Total calories are 310, 3 grams of fat. If serving as a side, this makes enough for 2-3 people.