After the peach and red pepper salsa I made last week, my daily grilled cheese at lunch seemed positively naked with nothing else on it. So this week I went a bit more tropical and made up a version with mango. I have always adored mango salsa, especially with blue corn tortilla chips. It’s just a really great, all around topping. The stuff at the grocery store is made with tomatoes–as in they think that it’s acceptable to just mix in mango with regular salsa. Bleh! This is so much better! The flavors are bright and fresh. My only gripe with this is that I should have added one more mango (I only had 2 on hand).
- 2 1/2 cups coarsely chopped peeled mango
- 1 1/3 cups chopped roasted red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
Directions: Prep ingredients, mix and serve. Can be kept in the fridge for up to a week.
You can make a salsa out of just about anything and mango salsa is one of my favorites that I just don’t make enough.