We’ve been on a sandwich kick with the beer bread this week. After some fantabulous grilled chicken, roasted red peppers, and swiss sandwiches the other night (which I will duplicate and photograph, I promise!), we polished off the last of the loaf with these burgers. They were a bit messy to eat, as the bread’s a bit crumbly, but boy did they taste good!
- 1 pound of ground beef
- beer bread
- swiss cheese
- half a cup of fresh baby bella mushrooms
- 2 tsps olive oil
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- fresh ground pepper
- kosher salt
- sweet smoked paprika (this is my new favorite spice–the smoky flavor is AWESOME!)
- Sprinkle garlic powder, onion powder, smoked sweet paprika, kosher salt, and fresh ground pepper onto the meat. (I am sad to say I didn’t measure–my meat actually started out in patties and I sprinkled a light layer of each spice and just a bit of salt and pepper over each before mixing well to incorporate).
- Mix well with your hands.
- Form into two patties.
- Light the grill and preheat to 350 (if you use gas–if you’re a charcoal person–you know better than I).
- Grill on each side 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice your bread and cheese. With about five minutes left on the timer, pop the bread, with the cheese slices on one side, into the oven at about 275. Don’t worry about preheating.
- In a small skillet, add the olive oil and turn to medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot, add your mushrooms and sprinkle lightly with the same spices you used on the burgers. Sautee for approximately 3 minutes or until mushrooms begin to slightly brown.
- If you time it right, you should be taking the burgers off the grill by the time the cheese is melty and the bread toasted.
- Assemble your burger with plain slide on bottom, burger, mushrooms, cheesy slice on top. The cheese helps hold the mushrooms in place.
- If you’re one of those people who eats all that other stuff on a burger, the rest is up to you. I’m a purist. 😀
Hi…you have a great food recipes blog. Yummy !Just added and faved you. Hope you can join Our Food Recipes. Thank You