Well I didn’t have enough bananas for my usual muffins this week, so this turned out as a “what do we have in the pantry” sort of muffin.
- 3 medium, overripe bananas
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/4 cup bread flour
- 1/4 cup milled flax
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Craisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the bananas, eggs, vanilla, yogurt, applesauce, sugar, and oil in one bowl until smooth. You may notice that this recipe uses less sugar than my previous muffin recipes. There are 2 reasons for this. First, I only had a half cup of sugar in the house (crazy, I know). Also, the dried cranberries are already sweetened, so it seemed unnecessary to round out the sugar quotient to a full cup by using Splenda.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in another bowl. Make a well in the center.
- Add the wet mixture all at once to the dry.
- Mix well.
- Fold in the dried cranberries
- Spray your muffin tins with non-stick spray.
- Fill muffin cups about 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
This makes 2 dozen muffins.