Okay, we can safely add this to the list of foods that I have no restraint when eating. I immediately inhaled two bowls of this stuff as soon as I made it. Something about this combination of flavors just really works for me, and it’s so EASY. Sadly, due to said inhalation, there is no picture. But trust me, it’s tasty no matter what it looks like. (I promise I’ll take a picture next time I make this). Okay so, I made it again and managed to snap this quick, unprofessional shot before we inhaled it again. I am forced to admit after actually serving it on plates this go round, instead of our monster chili bowls…it probably really makes 8-10 servings rather than 4-5. But we have discussed how I have no restraint with this. So without further ado, my submission for this week’s Presto Pasta Roundup, created by Ruth of Once Upon A Feast, hosted this week byPatsy of Family, Friends & Food
- 1 box whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 can rotel tomatoes
- 1 can 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pound 2% Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 bone-in chicken breasts
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Boil your chicken until tender.
- Remove chicken from broth and debone, reserving 1 cup of broth.
- Boil spaghetti in the remaining chicken broth (add water if necessary) until just before al dente.
- Pour spaghetti over frozen peas in a colander.
- Heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add the diced onion to the oil and sautee until transluscent.
- Add the rotel, mushroom soup, 1 cup chicken broth, Worchestershire sauce, and Velveeta to the onions.
- Stir until cheese is melty and ingredients are well combined.
- Fold in the chicken, spaghetti, and peas.
- Add to a large casserole dish.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
This breaks down to 5 servings at 644 calories, 17 grams of fat. Or if you are a normal person, it makes 10 servings at 322 calories and 8.5 grams of fat. Sigh… I hate being good.