And to round out the Latin theme, homemade Mexican style rice. I served this with the Lime-Cilantro Chicken. If you like a sweeter rice, add more tomato paste. This is really tasty and very filling. I’d love to try it in a wrap as well.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (you can certainly use white, but the brown is more filling–I’m doing the diet thing)
- 1/2 an onion, chopped (I used Vidalia)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute until almost translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute for another minute.
- Add the rice, tomato paste, cilantro, and cumin. Stir until well combined and the rice is heated through.
- Hit it with a dash of salt.
This works out to 2 servings at 302 calories and 8.3 grams of fat.