Hubby is mowing the lawn tonight, which means he won’t want dinner for a couple of hours after he cools off. That automatically means I am eating on my own tonight, and that I can fix something he won’t eat. One of my favorite things to eat out is vegetarian quesedillas at our local Mexican restaurant. My husband always makes fun of me because I”m not actually a vegetarian, I just love veggies. This is an easy, go to meal that I haven’t had in ages, but it was just the ticket for tonight.
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno deseeded and deveined, minced
- 1/4 cup monterey jack or pepper jack cheese divided
- garlic powder
- 2 soft taco size whole wheat tortillas
- Spray a 10 inch skillet with non stick cooking spray.
- Saute the onion, zucchini, peppers, and jalapeno until softened. Sprinkle it with the cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the veggies into a bowl and wipe out the skillet.
- Spray a fresh coat of cooking spray and lay down one of the tortillas. Sprinkle a half the cheese over the top.
- Allow the cheese to melt a bit, then pour half the veggies onto half the tortilla. Fold the empty half over the top.
- Allow to brown on the bottom then carefully flip to get the other side melty.
- Carefully remove to a plate.