I found this recipe in one of my Taste of Home email newsletters. It was a contest winner from some contest they had, and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to make it. The only concession I made to my onion-phobic hubby was to leave the red onion out and bump up the scallions. We paired it with the smoked catfish, and it was fabulous.
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro (or 1 tsp dried)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh corn (about 9 ears of corn) (or use frozen–I did)
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- If you’re using frozen corn, pop it in a colander and run warm water over it until thawed. Let it drain.
- Meanwhile, mix the tomatoes, green onions, balsamic, basil, cilantro, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet and add the corn and garlic.
- Saute the corn until tender.
- Add the Dijon mustard to the corn and mix well.
- Add the corn into the bowl with the other ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Serve warm or cold.
Being me, I’d love to give this a try with some red peppers in it as well, possibly some black beans.