Hola folks! I’m thrilled to be hosting Presto Pasta Nights for the second time here at Pots and Plots. We’ve got an amazing batch of recipes this week.
To kick things off, I offer up my spinach and asiago sausage penne. As I have rhapsodized in the past about the gourmet chicken sausages from Sam’s Club, of course I had to try all the flavors. On deck today is the spinach and asiago sausage. Combined with whole grain penne and a big pile o’ veggies, I came up with this, hearty, healthful dish. Serves 4 at 468.5 calories, 20.8 grams of fat per serving.
- 1 pound spinach and asiago sausage, diced
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, diced
- 4 oz. baby bella mushrooms
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups whole grain penne
- 1 cup grated parmesean cheese
- Salt your water and set it to boil.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil over medium high heat in a large skillet.
- Add the zucchini and sausage and saute until the zucchini is tender crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add your pasta to the boiling water and boil per package directions.
- Remove the zucchini and sausage to a big bowl.
- Add the second tablespoon of oil to the skillet and heat.
- Add the peppers, garlic, mushrooms, and spinach.
- Saute until the spinach is wilted, then add the zucchini and sausage back to the pan.
- Reserving about half a cup of the pasta water, drain the pasta and add it to the big skillet.
- Add the cheese and a little of the pasta water and stir well.
Johanna at Green Gourmet Giraffe (love that name!) has gifted us with not one, not two, but THREE recipes this week! We have Cheesy Pasta with Sausage and Veggies (pictured), Vegan Cheesy Pasta with Sausage and Veggies, and Pasta with Sausage and Lentils. Hey Johanna, can I come to dinner at your house?
Ferdzy from Seasonal Ontario Food, joins us with a Butternut Squash and Hazelnut Lasagna. Major props for creativity! I would never have thought to use butternut squash OR hazelnuts in lasagna, but the results look lovely.
Joanne from Eats Well With Others joins us this week with an amazing Orzotto with Spinach. I have a bag of orzo in my pantry that’s just begging me to make this with it. What a great idea! What did I do with the last of my parm block…
Bellini from More Than Burnt Toast offers up this gorgeous Ricotta and Butternut Squash Stuffed Shells With Pesto. What’s that? Dinner’s at 7? I’ll bring the bread.
Ben from What’s Cooking presents this Pasta and Butternut Squash Soup. I have to say, I may have to go pick up some butternut squash after this week’s roundup. I’ve never known what to do with it, but these are some really great ideas.
Our fabulous PPN creator Ruth of Once Upon A Feast joins in with Farfalle With Sauteed Brussels Sprouts, which just might be the recipe that gets me over my fear of trying the things that remind me of little cabbages.
And finally, Dhanggit of Dhanggit’s Kitchen presents us with Ricotta Jambon Parma Ravioli in Tomato Basil Sauce. Wow that’s a mouthful in more ways than one!
Wow, what a great roundup! I know exactly where I’m turning for inspiration following the gluttony of Thanksgiving next week. Thanks for dropping by!