This is a recipe I picked up from my mother in law. It’s one of my husband’s favorites and is everything good about corndogs without the irritation of a stick and with the addition of being able to control the fat and calories. Baked not fried and all that. Very kid friendly. Sometimes we’ll make this as a meal on its own, sometimes we serve it with other things (tonight, that would be chili). Either way, they’re lovely and moist and tasty.
- 2 boxes Jiffy mix cornbread
- 1 can creamed corn
- 2 eggs (or 1/2 cup egg substitute)
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 1 package of hot dogs, cut into bite sized pieces (here’s where you can really adjust for fat, calories, allergies, vegetarian, whatever)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix the Jiffy mix, creamed corn, eggs, and milk until well combined.
- Spray your muffin tins (you will need 3 6-cup tins) with cooking spray.
- Spoon the cornbread batter into each cup (about halfway full).
- Press hot dog bites into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
What a sweet idea. The kids will surely love this one.
very cute muffins and a wonderful idea!
We bumped into your blog and we really liked it – great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.
We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.
Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.
To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on “Add your site”
I tried this for our New Years dinner and we love it. Thanks for sharing it!
Glad you enjoyed it!
I just stumbled across this, and I love cornbread, however, I don’t eat meat. Obviously cornbread can be eaten with nothing special added to it, but I was wondering if you had any thoughts on any non-meat item that would go well in them? =)
Non meat. Hmm…well of course cheese is always good in anything. And I bet you could use mushrooms or peppers to good effect. You might try veggie dogs?