I picked up my first package of fresh blueberries at the grocery yesterday. I’d intended to use them in muffins, but we had company for dinner and that just demanded dessert of some kind. I opted for individual blueberry crisps, adapted from this recipe from Evil Shenanigans. I didn’t have any apples, so this was straight up blueberry. And I lightened things up a bit (because I’m me, and I do that). The could have stood to cook for another 5 minutes just for some more color on the topping, but they were delicious. And just the right size after an already heavy meal.
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 tablespoon Splenda
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 1/4 cup cold margarine or butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the blueberries, Splenda, cornstarch, salt, and cinnamon.
- Divide among 3 mini ramekins.
- Using a fork, mix the remaining flour, Splenda, and butter, blending until you have fine crumbles.
- Divide mixture among the 3 ramekins.
- Place all ramekins on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.