These are the Best Burgers You Will Ever Eat. Yes, I said it. And I stand by it. These are amazing. At 675 calories and 40 grams of fat per burger, these aren’t too bad. Yes, 40 grams of fat isn’t GOOD, but it’s a burger. Burgers are always hefty on the fat. This recipe makes 2 burgers per pound of meat. We serve with oven fries.
- 1 pound ground bison/buffalo (You can use ground beef with equally wonderful results)
- 3 oz smoked gouda, sliced (you need 1.5 oz. per burger in case you need to calculate for more than 2)
- bakery style buns, your choice (onion rolls are AWESOME with these)
- Divide each pound of meat into quarters.
- Flatten each quarter into a patty.
- Place 1.5 oz. of smoked gouda in the center of two of the patties.
- Top with the remaining two patties.
- Press together to combine into single patties.
- Preheat the grill to about 350 degrees.
- Grill about 15 minutes each side.
- Serve on buns (add veggies if you please, but we prefer them plain).