Feeling repentant for weekend excesses? I know I am. (We aren’t going to talk about the love affair I had with the guacamole dip and chips at a party we went to the other night) Getting back on the bandwagon is hard when you’re making a lifestyle change. One of the biggest challenges is that your body reacts to decreasing your calorie intake by making you hungrier (so not fair). This quick and easy dish is light, healthy, and filling, packing in a whopping FOUR SERVINGS of vegetables. It also makes really kickass filling for vegetarian quesedillas (using the 96% fat free tortillas). As prepared, this is one serving at 232 calories and 11 grams of fat. Additional variations include adding in a serving of black beans, a cup of fresh spinach, or adding some lean chicken as a protein.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh baby bella mushrooms
- 1 mini peppers (I like one each of yellow, orange, and red for a pop of color)
- pinch of salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup reduced fat fiesta blend shredded cheese
- Heat oil over medium high heat.
- Add onions, zucchini, and peppers. Stir to coat with oil and saute for about three minutes.
- Add in the mushrooms. Toss.
- Add the salt, pepper, cumin, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Continue to saute until zucchini is tender.
- Remove to bowl and add cheese, tossing to evenly distribute and melt.